PK IN SWEDEN

PK IN SWEDEN

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

IN MEMORY OF BILL MAULE

      Bill Maule died today... and the world is now a lesser place. I've known a lot of men who were more gregarious than Bill...but none who were more sincere. I've known a lot of men who shook more hands than Bill did... but none who had more grace. I've known many men who had more bravado than Bill did... but none with more courage.
      Bill was diagnosed with ALS a few years ago... but he didn't surrender easily. With quiet grace, noticeable faith, and the love of family and friends, he stood face-to-face with this killer for a long time. He handled the disease with grace, and after his longtime employer shamelessly let him go, he found part-time jobs, which he did successfully... for as long as his body would allow. Bill and his wonderful wife, Shannon, visited Sherry and me in Rock Island once, and while we were having lunch, Bill said that he would be happy "if his friend, Kenn, would say a few words at his funeral service." I told him that I would if I could, but there have been many changes at the church which Bill attends, and that may not be appropriate now.
      So, let me say it now- plain and clearly: I loved Bill Maule... and I am glad that he is running free on the streets of heaven tonight. In a world filled with self-interests and big talkers, Bill Maule was truly filled with the Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment